This Sunday I thought I would share a few of my tips with you, how and what kind of daily habits I have created throughout the years. These habits helped me a lot to stay sane during challenging times and I am sharing them in hope that they will make your days brighter too. #yourstory
I have to start with the fact that I am a morning person. I am one of those crazy people who like to get up early in the morning. It just makes me feel better and more productive. However, these steps or habits can be done any time during the day, whatever works for you the best.
Now, here goes my morning ritual (which I try to complete no matter where or when I wake up). This is something very simple but it keeps me going even in difficult times when I lose hope that things will turn out right. Also, it is the most self-care thing I do. I like to give to those I love but in the last few years I realised I need to recharge somehow. Now that I follow this ritual every morning, it really is about me, myself and I. There’s nobody else involved and that gives me time to pay attention to myself which is refreshing and motivating. No matter what happens during the day, I know that the first half an hour is about me, my hopes, dreams and goals.
1. Hydrate: I drink lots of water (mostly with apple cider vinegar) first thing in the morning.
2. I read some inspiring or uplifting thoughts (this is normally from the Bible to give me hope & reassurance that I am on the right path).
3. I write down things I am grateful for. Now, I find it important to have a heart full of gratitude, so I list anything that comes to mind, some days it is as basic as a cup of coffee. The point is to always appriciate everything.
4. I write down my affirmations. I like to remind myself of my goals and what I am capable of.
5. I do a bit more reading. 10-15 pages a day and I can read a book every month. I used to tell myself I don’t have time for reading, what a lie. It’s all about the small but effective steps.
6. I share some morning thoughts with you on the page (which is normally taken from my current reading material). I love sharing these little messages, it can always help someone.
7. I listen to some relaxing music and literally do nothing. I like to give myself a few minutes a day when I empty my head.
8. I get ready for another day to enjoy a new chance given to be a little bit better than I was yesterday.